miércoles, 21 de diciembre de 2011

Playing with colors


 - I'm sooo bored... - he whines for the third time, looking at me.

- Yeah... - I murmur, not paying too much attention to him.

- I can't get to sleep - he talks again.

- Aham... - I say, without looking away from the book.

He frowns and mutters a not so pretty word against me. I roll my eyes and ignore him.

After a few seconds, he interrumpts me again.

- Hey! - he exclaims suddenly, jumping in the bed excited. - Let's play a game!

I groan. I know he won't leave me in peace until I say yes.

- Shoot - I whisper, turning back to him.

He scratches his cheek.

- Well, I choose a color right? And then you have to say the first thing that comes to your mind - he explains, moving his hands up and down. - It's easy, isn't it?

He can't be serious.
Or so I though.  I look at his eyes. Oh damn, he is.

- Do what you want, Matt - I snort in response. He's going to do it anyway.

He give me a huge smile.

- Red! - he shouts.

Woh. That was fast.

- Blood - I answer automatically.

He blinks. I blink. He blinks again.

- I'm not sure of playing this game anymore... - he pouts, curling up over himself.

I can't avoid laughing, asking forgiveness with my eyes.

- Wah, he's so cute - I think, biting my lips. - Sorry, Matt. Go ahead - I tell him.

He starts again.

- Orange.

- This room.

He nods.

- Uhm... Brown.

- Poop.

He tilts his head to one side.

- Feel like a five years old? - he asks me, smirking.

I frown.

- Shut up. You said anything would be fine - I defending myself.

He sticks out his tongue

- ¿Blue?

I wait for a few seconds before answering him.

- Freedom.

He look at me in a sweet way. Probably, he knew that I would say that.

- Grey.

- What the...? - I complain. - Don't you have a better colour?

- Just answer, whiner.

I look at him pissed off, but immediately I think about my answer.

- I gues... ¿Gray? - I say, doubtful.

- That was a bad pun - he says, and I shrug. It's not like I care about it anyway.

- What about green?

- I don't know, I guess nature or something like that - I say, and then I make a funny face. - Or maybe Piccolo. He was one of the best characters from Dragon Ball!

He throws me a stuffed animal.


- Be serious! - he says, falsely annoyed. I smile. - Uhm... And purple?

- My new trousers - I reply.

- Bleh, that's boooooring - he grins.

- Shut up! - I said laughing. - I couldn't think about any other thing!

- Yeah, I got it, I got it. Don't bite me puppy - he joks. - So, now... Black.

- Darkness... - I say, not sure about it.  - But in a good way, I think.

He nods.

- And finally.... White!

- Sex - that's the first word that come to my mind.

He raises an eyebrow.

- Seriously? - he asks me surprised. - You know, it's supossed to mean something like "pure" or "virginity" and those cute things...

I smirk and look at him.

- And also is the color of the white stuff that flows out when you guys...

He raises his arms and shakes his head, interrupting me.

- Wait there, honey. I don't want to hear something like that from your mouth - he says serious, but even so he is smiling. - At least not if we aren't in a bed and you don't wear less clothes.

I shrug, trying not to laugh out loud.

- You asked for that, weirdo.

He doesn't say anything for a minute, and that disappoints me a little.

- So? That's all? - I ask, raising an eyebrow. - I don't win a prize or something? - he shakes his head and I let out a sigh. - Boredom is not made for you, Matt.

He smiles, but still doesn't say a word.

- And what about you? - I ask, trying to distract me. - I don't know... Green, for example.

He shrugs.

- I don't mind.

I groan. That's so like him.

- It's not fair. I had to respond to everything - I pout. -  You're not funny at all.

He laughs.

- That's not what I meant - he says.

I blink confused, silently telling him to go on.

- Every color reminds me about you - he says simply. - So it doesn't matter which color will you choose. The asnwer will be the same every time. Just you - he smirks. - Always you.

I open my mouth, but the words don't come out. I feel my cheeks burn.

- You're blushing - he says amused.

I get up quickly and covered his face with the pillow.

- I'm not blushing! Shut up! - I shout at him. He smiles under the pillow.

Neither of us move for a few seconds.

- You're everything - he finally whispers.

I blush even harder.

- Shut up - I murmur, falling into his lap. I bit my lip, trying no to smile. - Just... agh, shut up.



'Cause the world it's not just black and white.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario